We are the Toronto Youth Cabinet.
The City of Toronto's official youth advisory body since 1998.
Established in 1998 by Toronto City Council, The Toronto Youth Cabinet is the official youth advisory body to the City of Toronto. The Toronto Youth Cabinet (TYC) is a youth-led advocacy group that promotes youth participation in civic affairs.
The TYC advocates on youth issues with various youth organizations across the city, and promotes youth involvement in policy development.
We are changemakers.
We have a proven track record of making change within Toronto.
- Successfully lobbied City Council to introduce a dedicated grant stream for youth-led initiatives called the Identify ‘N’ Impact Investment Fund.
- Successfully lobbied City Council for Parks and Recreation Youth Outreach Workers.
- Successfully stopped a ban on youth activities on Albert Campbell Square in Scarborough.
- Organized major campaigns and events, including The Cause, INI Awards, Youth Forum on Homelessness, Community Speakouts, Save the Pools Campaign, Stop the Violence Campaign, Recreation Works Campaign, etc.
- Published a report on youth homelessness in the City of Toronto.