Are you passionate about creating a more equitable and youth-friendly Toronto? Do you have an interest in politics and public policy? Do you have leadership experience that you’d like to bring to the next level?
This is the role for you!
Volunteer Title: Executive Director
Term: May 2017- April 2018
Hours per month: 15-20
Application Deadline: March 23rd, 2017 (11:59pm)
Successful candidates will be contacted on March 24th, 2017 to schedule interview
Interviews: March 27-29th, 2017
The successful candidates will be contacted on March 30th or 31st, 2017.
The Executive Director is responsible for the management of the Executive & Leadership Teams and the organization as a whole. Responsibilities include: creating and executing an annual work plan, responding to external requests, acting a liaison with City staff, ensuring the overall direction of the organization is in line with governance policies and the membership, membership development, and working with the Coordinator on funding, policy, and personnel issues.
The Executive Director is expected to attend all Executive, Leadership, and Cabinet meetings each month, typically on Thursday evenings. Executive Director must fall within the TYC's age range: 13-24 years old.
Ideal candidates will have:
- An interest in politics and/or public policy, particularly at a municipal level
- A strong desire to create positive change for and with the young people of Toronto
- An understanding of an anti-oppression framework
- Senior leadership experience with youth/student organizations and/or political/advocacy organizations and/or grassroots/volunteer-led organizations
- A history of working positively within teams and promoting collaboration
Benefits of getting involved:
- Gain senior leadership experience
- Personal development support
- Learn about City Hall & municipal governance
- Networking opportunities
- Access to TYC Office
- Meet local decision-makers
Call-out for Executive Team
Application Launch: March 9th, 2017
Application Deadline: April 6th, 2017
Successful candidates will be contacted on April 7th, 2017 to schedule interview
Interviews: April 10-12th, 2017
The successful candidates will be contacted on April 13th or 14th, 2017.
Call-out for Working Group Leads
Application Launch: March 23rd, 2017
Application Deadline: April 20th, 2017
Successful candidates will be contacted on April 21st, 2017 to schedule interview
Interviews: April 24-26th, 2017
The successful candidates will be contacted on April 26th or 27th, 2017.
TYC Leadership Team Orientation Day: April 30th, 2017 (all day, mandatory for all successful applicants)
Please note: The period from April 30th to May 13th has been dedicated to on-boarding and transition from team-to-team. Terms will officially commence on May 14th, 2017.