We are looking for outgoing and enthusiastic individuals who want to share their knowledge and expertise with youth, ages 13 to 24. Build your résumé and inspire and empower youth by sharing your knowledge and experience. This year's theme is civic engagement and technology.
Event Date: Saturday, May 13th, 2017.
Workshop Facilitator Guidelines:
- Proposal (on following pages) must be completed in full.
- The topic should be relevant to the theme of TYC Summit 2017 (civic engagement and technology).
- The speaker must have reputation/experience in the topic area.
- Workshop facilitators must be available to present at TYC Summit on Saturday, May 13, 2017 at City Hall in Toronto.
- Workshops must be 50 minutes in length. Workshop facilitators will be required to present their workshop twice. If you require more than 50 minutes (e.g., 2 hours), please specify this in your proposal.
- Workshops should be hands-on and interactive. Participants should be engaged in an intensive discussion or activity on a particular subject or topic.
- Each workshop will be attended by about 25-35 youth.
If you are selected as a workshop facilitator, you will receive:
- An honorarium/thank you gift
- A free lunch
- The opportunity to build your résumé and inspire and empower youth from across Toronto
If you have any questions regarding your proposal submission, please contact the Workshop Leads:
Gabriel Shifferaw (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Abbas Raza (email@example.com)
Submission deadline: Friday, March 24, 2017